Friday, January 20, 2012

Wedding Party Bio: Bridesmaid Muller-Marinis

Bio of a Bridesmaid: Michelle Muller-Marinis

Michelle was one of my first friends in New York after I moved there from LA mid 2005. I spent my second weekend on the east coast in the Hamptons with my friend Charles and some of his friends, and he brought me to his good friend Peter's club Boutique in East Hampton. Michelle and Peter were dating at the time, and after a few hours of dancing and clinking champagne glasses, Michelle and I had swapped numbers and were instant friends.

Over the next year, we had many nights out together in the city and the Hamptons. We had met a few other cool girls and our crew was inseparable. Our nights out were legendary, and one of my favorite memories with the crew was when all the girls and guys went to see LL Cool J's comeback concert in Times Square.

(In this photo Michelle and I are hanging out at Saturday polo in Bridgehampton.)

Another happy memory with Michelle was the pregnancy of her first son, Pearce (yes, the entire pregnancy). From first finding out she was with child and trying to hold back the tears of joy, to holding him in the hospital the day after he was born, they were nine amazing months of memories, excitement, and a lot of education about babies!

In December 2007, the crew all flew down to Great Exuma, Bahamas for Michelle and Peter's wedding. There were so many great stories from this trip, from the lazy days stuffing our faces with chipwiches by the pool, to spending endless hours in the Four Seasons Casino, and of course, representing Michelle as a bridesmaid in their beautiful sunset ceremony. It was a very very fun week. But my favorite memory from Michelle's wedding wasn't actually from the wedding day itself, but a few days before. I got a frantic call to my hotel room to meet her in the lobby because there was a problem she had to sort out. I could not figure out what possibly had gone wrong because the weather report was brilliant, we had already put together all of the welcome baskets the day before, and everything else had been coordinated and handled months earlier as Michelle is one of the most amazing and organized event planners that I have ever met. As soon as I met up with her I saw the worry in her eyes and she told me the "bad news." The Bahamian band they had hired had a death in the family and were not able to make it for their wedding. There was only one other band in the Bahamas available last minute...The Baha Men. What she thought was the end of the world, I thought of as an amazing turn of events. She would have a famous band playing their wedding! It turned out that the Baha Men rocked the house and put on an amazing show. Not only did they play cover songs, we also got them to play "Who Let The Dogs Out?" three times :)

About Michelle:

Michelle is married to another good friend of ours, Peter, and has three gorgeous sons: Pearce, Rylan, and Brandt. Pearce and Rylan are the Ring Bearers in our ceremony, and all three light up my life. Michelle was born a Texan, but is a New Yorker at heart. She has spent her time in NY working as an event designer, for the Ian Schrager Company, and has most recently launched her own company, Petit Organics (a fresh organic baby food company). She is an amazing multi-tasker and woman, and I'm very lucky to have her as a friend.

Ten words that remind me of Michelle:

* Boutique!
* Kryptonite
* Who Let The Dogs Out?
* The Bean
* Poker
* Guacamole
* Bar Pitti (her home away from home)
* The Pump
* Physique
* Madonna

** As usual, many of these are inside jokes that you can ask either of us about during the wedding weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment