I’ve been traveling a lot for work over the last few weeks and have been enlisted to represent APAC in writing the company blog, so sadly I haven’t been able to offer weekly wedding updates…but I’m back!!
As some of you know, I set a deadline for myself for when I needed to have finished most of the wedding plans (with Ryan’s help of course). My goal was to have 80% of the wedding, including all of the big decisions, completed by Chinese New Year. CNY this year fell in late January, which made it a bit more challenging, but the mission was accomplished.
By CNY Ryan and I (with some help from Jay) had sorted out the venue, photographer, wedding hotel, menu and caterer, hair and make-up stylist for myself and all the girls/moms, and more. Jay surprised me by hiring a videographer, a decision we had been on opposite ends of, but which I’m not quite happy with. After watching our friends Maddy and Justin’s wedding video, I know that it was a decision I would regret if we didn’t have video footage to peek at from time to time.
Before the deadline we also picked out an invitation style and printer, bridesmaid dress designs, groomsmen suit designs, and had my own dress being made at the tailor. We had purchased our wedding shoes and settled on the guys’ accessories. Jay had even decided how to fold the pocket squares!
Meeting this deadline was a huge relief for the both of us as for a few reasons. First, I knew that I would be traveling 80% of the next few months, mostly for business but also a little for pleasure. My weekends were going to be spread thin with errands and seeing my boys, and I did not want wedding tasks to get squeezed in there as well. Second, I wanted to get the boring decisions out of the way so that Jay and I could spend the last few months adding in our own personal touches.
During February we were very focused on music. This included making decisions on ceremony music, entrance songs, first dance, and more. Who would have thought that two people with generally the same taste in music could have such different preferences for ceremony music! Somehow we have come to a meeting of the minds and hope that we are able to put on a good show for our friends and family. I’ll elaborate on this more later in a subsequent music-themed posting.
During March we have put a lot of effort into the set design. We are very strict about our décor and want to ensure that it matches our theme entirely. Some may say that we have taken it a bit too far, but we like to refer to it as extreme attention to detail. If it didn’t exist during the 1960’s Mad Men era, it will not be a prop or accessory at the wedding. Just like the producer of Mad Men, we are going for accuracy!
More specifics to come, but now you are fully up to speed on the Masghati/Perlmutter Wedding Bonanza.
A journal of our wedding experience, from its start at 35,000 feet to the nuptials at sea level in the Windy City.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Q1 Wedding Planning Recap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment