Groomsman Bio: Scott
Wilson
I first met Scott in Hong Kong 3 ½ years ago during my first
trip to Asia (when I moved to Australia).
I had heard all about Scott in the months leading up to Jay’s big move
to HK and was really looking forward to meeting him. Jay had hyped him up, but Scott did not
disappoint. From his amazing fashion
sense to his sense of humor, Scotts sets out to entertain. We have bonded over beers at the races in
Happy Valley and while suit shopping with Sampson at Jantzen Tailors, Scott’s
home away from home. We have
brainstormed business plans at HK restaurants and have played paintball in the
depths of Kowloon. I have truly enjoyed
have Scott nearby in Hong Kong and will miss him now that we are in Chicago.
In addition to having fun, Scott and I share another love:
dachshunds (ok fine, it is really just dogs in general). Scott single-handedly helped me in my pursuit
for a puppy in Hong Kong and assisted in my efforts to get Jay on board. He is an uncle to The Artist Formerly Known
As and hopefully will have a puppy of his own some day.
About Scott:
Scott and Jay have known each other since college because
Scott was in the same fraternity as Groomsman Nicholas Clark at U of M. They were buddies in New York and then were
lucky enough to get 4 years of hang out time in Hong Kong. Scott moved to Hong Kong in 2007 and has
worked in the M&A sector with clients throughout Asia. He has family in Arizona and loves to travel
there and really anywhere. Name a spot
in Asia and Scott has probably seen it!
He also speaks some Cantonese, which is no small feat.
From Jay:
Scott has been my close friend during my amazing New York
and Hong Kong experiences. He’s one of
the most loyal and caring friends I have and without him I probably would not
have adjusted so quickly to life in Asia and been willing to try anything
new. He also has the best taste in music
and fashion sense of all my friends.
Scott has an unmatched entrepreneurial spirit and we all expect great
things from him.
Many will be surprised to know that Scott’s middle name is
Leslie.
Ten Words That Remind Us Of Scott:
1) Lake Forest College
2) Devil’s Martini
3) Vegas
4) Junk Boat
5) Jantzen Tailor
6) Fire and Ice
7) Disco
8) Giraffe
9) Kitty Boxing
10) Forrest Cannon
No comments:
Post a Comment