Monday, September 10, 2012

Wedding Party Bio: Best Man Perlmutter

So yes, I dropped the ball a bit in the few weeks leading up to the wedding and did not get our final posts up before we exchanged vows.  The worst part is that I had already written them and just needed to set them live!  Grrrr  Here they are because these gentlemen are very important to both Jay and I and were key to helping us get our big day off without a hitch.

Next up:  Sam Perlmutter, Best Man and Jay's only brother

I actually met Sam and his wife Jamie in New York while they were visiting Jay for a long weekend.  I had been in the Hamptons for the weekend and really wanted to meet Sam after hearing so much about him from Jay, so the three of us got together while Jay was at a business lunch.  Some would say it was brave to meet the in-laws without Jay around, but not these in-laws.  Sam and Jamie are two of the kindest and friendliest people I have ever met.  Also midwest folk, they are down to earth and really easy to talk with whether it be about politics or the latest reality television show.

Sam and Jay are polar opposites in personality and there is no doubt why they have maintained such a close and endearing friendship.  Going out to dinner with those two usually includes helpful discussions of portfolios and current consumer investment trends, followed by updates on the latest technology in general and also new techniques in stroke victims' rehabilitation.  I am never bored and am always learning when around these two smarty pants, which is something that makes me very happy.

From Jay:
Sam is the best brother that anyone could ask for.  He is confident yet humble and one of the most driven people I have ever known.  His patience during our wedding process and help with any hiccups (and there have been plenty of them) has been a godsend.  He's a gentle giant who has always led by example and not minced words.

About Sam:
Despite his maturity, Sam is actually the younger brother.  He graduated with an engineering degree from Kettering in Michigan and is now finishing up his pHD in Neuroscience at Northwester University in Chicago.  Needless to say, we were pretty excited when we found out we would be moving to Chicago and even MORE excited when we found a house less than a mile from Sam and Jamie in Lincoln Park.

What people do not know is that Sam is a German-speaking master chef and DJ.  You know, because candidates for pHD in Neuroscience have so much extra time to whip up brilliance in the kitchen and DJ man cave (can we say "multi-tasking genius" ??).

Ten Words That May Us Think of Sam:

1) Sledge hammer
2) Narcisse
3) Dry heave
4) Jiu jitsu
5) Swoll
6) Purist
7) Austrian economics
8) Glascott's
9) Wellington
10) Guardian Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment